What is required of new CVAR Members?
After you become a member of Citrus Valley Association of REALTORS® you have two final steps to complete:
1. Attendance of the New Member Orientation class within 90 days of your join date
2. Completion of the Online Code of Ethics Course within 180 days of your join date
What is New Member Orientation?
New Member Orientation is a class designed to help members become familiar with:
- Member Benefits
- Association Activities
- Professional Standards
- REALTOR® Safety
- MLS Procedures
Who is required to attend New Member Orientation?
New CVAR Members must attend within the first 90 days of their membership start date.
What will happen if I do not complete the New Member Orientation?
Members that don't attend within 90 days will be denied access to member benefits, MLS, zipForms and no longer be a registered REALTOR®. Your benefits and MLS access will become available again once you have attended orientation.
Where is New Member Orientation held?
New Member Orientation is currently being held virtually via zoom. To register for New Member Orientation, please visit our Education Calendar at cvarconnect.com.
What is the Online Code of Ethics course?
Created by the National Association of REALTORS®, this course is designed to assist REALTORS® in upholding ethical standards. Training will take approximately 150 minutes. Once the course begins a total of 30 days are allotted to complete the training.
Who is required to take the Online Code of Ethics course?
New members must complete this course within 180 days of their join date. This course must also be completed once during every three-year cycle by all REALTORS®.
What will happen if I do not complete the Online Code of Ethics course?
Members that don't attend within 90 days will be denied access to member benefits, MLS, zipForms and no longer be a registered REALTOR®.
How do I take the Online Code of Ethics?
To complete the exam online, follow these simple steps:
1. Visit www.realtor.org.
2. If you are a new member, click on the link at the top of the page that says. "Register" or, for returning members, use the "Sign In" link.
3. Once registered, the national database takes about one hour to update its records and will recognize you as a user thereafter.
4. Once your ID has been recognized, click here to gain access to the Code of Ethics Training.
1. You may begin and stop the exam at any time, but be sure to save your answers as you complete the exam.
2. If you fail the exam, immediately re-take it. You will find that the questions are almost identical. Reviewing incorrect answers will help you the next time you attempt the exam.
3. Once you have passed the exam, the National Association of REALTORS® will automatically notify us. There is no need to send us any documentation.